Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boulder City Train / Art Train



"The Art Train"
in Boulder City

Not many get to ride a train these days.  Did you know Boulder City has it's own train? 

I was fortunate enough to be able to show some of my photography on the BC Art Train, it was an unique and enjoyable experience.

"Engine 844"

"The sitting car"

Because I was an exhibitor I was allowed access on the train before it filled up with guests.

"The Open Car"
The train was filled to capacity a few minutes later. 

"Sitting Car"
This is styalized in monochrome

"Dream Train"

Even though he is a retired conductor and now volunteers he looked as if he were thinking of days gone by when he was a young conductor on the railroad. 

 I took an image I had of the engine going down the track and added it to the window and then added a soft edge to the image making it look like he was dreaming. 


The "Art Train" was fun and the money it raised went to a great charity. I can't wait to do it again.

"The Red Door"

Every train needs a caboose this one has a red door I wonder if all caboose have red doors

"The Caboose"

Not many people get to hang out windows and doors to take pictures while on a train.  This one wasn't moving very fast that is probably why I didn't get thrown off. It was a fun event and I had a great time on the "Art Train"

The End
 or should I say
 The Caboose
 .

No comments: