Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TIMELESS


Well it has been a few weeks since my last post. Since then my camera broke (that is another post) while out taking pictures at sunset, but it was a good sunset.   So I have been using my little point and shoot Olympus. But most of the time has been spent on getting my husband Dennis' new CD artwork ready for printing. The New CD is called "TIMELESS" Native American Flute Music. We are using a Grand Canyon Theme. So here are the new images that will be on the new CD


This is the front cover
 This is the Front Cover.  I was at the Grand Canyon for sunrise and there wasn't a cloud in the sky so around 3pm I took a nap in the truck.  OOOPs  I was awakend by people shouting "Rainbow"  I jumped up grabed my camera and tripod and mad a mad dash for the edge of the canyon.  It was spectacular. 

Inside the Front Cover
This image was taken when Dennis and I went to the Grand Canyon for a Second Honeymoon.  I promised I would not bring my pro camera and that the time would be ours.  We just brought the little Olympus point and shoot to document our time together.  Welllllllllllllllll  a photographer should never never never say that they won't take pictures.   I saw the rain in the distance and there was the tree and I said sorry can I have the camera and started shooting.  Needless to say D is now happy I did.

This image will be on the CD

This image was taken in Canyon De Chelly.  We hired a Navajo guide to take us to some seldom seen petroglyphs.  These were some of them.  One of the other images I took that day was the Rock Art of the "Blue Bull"

This is the back cover

This image was taken on the same day as the Front Cover Rainbow.   I had set up the tripod on the edge of the canyon and framed my composition.  I could see lightning on the horizion.  I didn't have a lightning sensor so I just held my finger on the exposure button and started taking shots.  Out of many many images I got 2 images of lightning, you can just make it out  on the horizion.  I love this shot.  For my birthday D got me a lightning sensor.  I haven't seen a lightning storm since.  Go figure

We are hoping to have the CD available in May.

No comments: